Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Everyday should be filled with scrumptious colors

So, it is 2014 and more than a year has passed us by since I last posted a blog. But, I have completed a number of projects and I am leading off the New Year with an entry featuring a completed gift for my sister and law.














It was love at first sight when I saw the oh so beautiful Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille. I loved the paisley patterns featured in the collection, I loved the hues of aqua and the floral patterns were as pretty as a spring bouquet sitting on my kitchen table. I just had to create something equally as pretty.

So, I snatched up four charm packs and began my brainstorm of what to do with it. I scoured Pintrest and perused my quilt books for some inspiration. But, it was an image I had pinned just a few months earlier that I drew my inspiration from. I decided on a faux cathedral window pattern.  I had to lay it out perfectly to highlight the patterns and create a sweet, eye popping and "scrumptious" design. I think what I wound up with was the perfect pattern to do just that.

Once I completed the top, I sent it off to my amazing quilter. We selected two different designs to fill the two areas within the main part of the quilt. I selected a feather pattern for the border which framed it perfectly.

I completed the quilt with the stripped aqua from the collection. I just fell in love with all the stripped fabrics in this collection, it reminded me of one of my favorite things when I was a child - Fruit Stripe gum. I loved the colors I would find in each package and the perfect stripes on each of the individual pieces made me love the contrast of aquas, corals, pinks and reds with white.  It was scrumptious in your mouth.
 I was so excited to give it to my sister and law, I wrapped it perfectly with a pretty tulle bow. She love it! A couple of nights later she sent me a picture of herself cuddled up on her couch with it. Merry Christmas Anna! May your days be warm, bright and scrumptious.

No comments:

Post a Comment