Sunday, January 5, 2014

It's in the bag

About a year ago I saw a pattern for a fun tote bag at my local quilt shop. It looked simple enough, but in actuality it was written in a way that was so difficult to understand. It could have been the wine, the lack of sleep or the many distractions at the quilt retreat, but it seemed to have taken me like 12 hours to complete (and that is NO exaggeration).

Regardless, once I made it, I made it again and again and again. I made that pattern my own.  I added pockets and adjusted the size to accommodate different uses and adjusted the straps. So, now I have my own directions for this simple bag.

I made several of this particular size for gift this year.  As I made them I became in love with the petite size.  I wanted one for me. Isn't it ironic that I "happened" to be in the quilt shop and found this wonderful fabric? It was kismet! The fabric was speaking to me and do you know what it was saying? It was saying, "Make me into one of those cute bags for your lunch." So I did.

The fabric I used is Little Azalea by Dena - Freespirit. I then found the perfect accompanying fabrics for the interior and straps. I added my monogram. And of course no bag is complete without of course my sweet tag.

But the real find was my Dollar Spot - Hello Kitty lunch box. I have no idea what goodies I will pack in it, but I HAD to have it.

Stay tuned! I have a tutorial coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment