Sunday, April 13, 2014

Riff Ram... Who's ready for football?



I finally completed a project I had been working on for a while. It wasn't a difficult one, but one that I wasn't sure would turn out the way I expected it to, so I procrastinated.I think it took me about 6 months to make and that was five months, and 29 days too long. But it is finished none-the-less. Since his birth I have been saving t-shirts from my little man's wardrobe. I pulled out between 10 and 13 shirts that were purple, white and gray. I cut them all the same width but in different lengths. I used TCU shirts with logos and shirts with stripes and other prints.  I laid them all out to make one single strip.

In total I had between 13 an 14 blocks to make up a single row. I sewed them together in a single row and sewed the rows together to make a tube. I turned it right side out, pressed it, zipped the ends and ta-da - I am done.

I had myself a cute football game scarf. If only I was a TCU die hard. Luckily for me though - my mom is. I couldn't wait to give it to her! I delivered it this week and she fell in love with it. Not only was it her "team," but most of the logoed shirts were shirts that she had purchased for my son throughout the years. It was a nice reminder of his younger years.

We are still a few months from football season and even further from cold football weather, but it is done. I turned out so cute, I might even make one for myself using red and black shirts as an alternative. We have ample of those as well.

I can say I have now completed another Pintrest project! Follow me on Pintrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment